Welcome! Below you will see the application for the Spring 2022 Scoville Fellowship:
- You will need to create a free Submittable account in order to submit to these forms. Here is a quick guide on how to get started: https://submittable.help/submitters/making-new-submissions/how-do-i-submit
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure the email address you used to sign up for your Submittable Account is one that you check regularly.
- Please reach out to Submittable's Customer Support team with any technical questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Spring 2022 application deadline is October 18th 2021 Eastern Time.
The Herbert Scoville Jr. Peace Fellowship was established in 1987 to recruit and train the next generation of policy and advocacy leaders on a range of international peace and security issues.
This is a highly competitive fellowship designed for people who have already demonstrated a strong interest in the field, and not intended for those who want to try a semester in Washington. Successful candidates must be good writers who are adept at working in a fast paced office environment. We are seeking people considering a career working on international peace and security issues with public-interest organizations, the Federal Government, academia, or media.
The fellowship’s board of directors selects the top applicants for Washington interviews. The fellowship pays for travel and accommodations for the finalists during the interview weekend. Interviews take place approximately 10-12 weeks after the application deadline, October 18th. All unsuccessful applicants will be notified at that time.
This fellowship is extremely competitive; candidates who do not submit all required documents on time are unlikely to be selected for an interview.
*Please read the descriptions on each question for extra assistance and information in the completion of this application*